Included with your race entry to the Royal Welsh Trail Running Festival is access to the Royal Welsh Spring Festival – the number one event for smallholding, gardening and sustainable living with plenty to see and do.
With over 1,300 livestock, poultry and horses, hundreds of tradestands, the only Premier Open Dog Show to be held in Wales, children’s activities, a food and drink quarter, vintage machinery, floral hall, gardeners question time, country leisure, main ring displays and attractions, and much more, the event has something for everyone whatever your interest or passion.
Continually developing and expanding, the ‘new look’ Spring Festival for 2015 will have:
– A new dedicated Smallholders Centre designed specifically to cater for up-and-running and aspiring smallholders with tradestands, stock, feed, advisory bodies, farming sundries, machinery, smallholder magazines and publications, a property roadshow, talks, demonstrations, advice clinics and our ‘getting started’ stand.
– A new Food and Drink Quarter packed full of artisan produce made and sourced in Wales and the border counties, including a ‘street food’ area.
– A Sustainable Living section which showcase the very best companies, ideas, workshops and demonstrations to those wishing to live a sustainable way of life.
– A new Country Life area with demonstrations, interactive activities and tradestands for those seeking to pass the time with pursuits such as shooting, dog training, woodland activities, and much more…
– The popular horse section will be extended to include competitions in two rings with working hunter and show jumping classes and an affiliated CHAPS (Coloured Horse and Pony Society) Mid Wales Regional Show.
– Bring the children to meet Tractor Ted on his very first visit to Wales and enjoy the children friendly areas allowing our younger visitors the freedom to learn and explore in a safe environment.
– A new, dedicated craft and shopping pavilion – the ideal place to browse the wide range of local and handmade goods on offer for that perfect gift or a treat for yourself.
The Royal Welsh Spring Festival takes place at the showground in Llanelwedd, Builth Wells on 16 and 17 May. More information can be found at www.rwas.co.uk.